Fall has been hectic – with generally fun things – and food has factored in in a big way. As usual. Here's a round-up of my latest food goings-on.
1. Louisiana Sis & Brooklyn Sis both visited last weekend. Louisiana Sis's one request is always, "Can we get sushi pleeeease?"
She didn't just have sushi. She had gold-flaked sushi.
2. A few days ago I headed to Viale, in Cambridge's Central Square. It's relatively new in the neighborhood so I thought I'd do my due diligence and check it out. I may also have been enticed by the sweetbreads on their menu. Offal is underrated.
3. I work in the nutrition world, so I go to the occasional health-themed conference. Where the swag bags sometimes contain interesting products. Like these cheese flavored puffs that purportedly support heart health & weight management.
4. Next to-try restaurant: WD-50, in NYC. Brooklyn Sis & I are heading there for Thanksgiving. Wylie Defresne's much-lauded establishment is closing soon, so I grabbed some tickets through their lottery system.
5. I've always found soup rather boring. Then recently I had some amazing butternut squash soup that made me realize the error of my ways. Someone get me an immersion blender because soup is definitely happening in my kitchen this winter.